Sunday, November 1, 2009

then they splashed into the deep blue sea

We rely way to much on other people.
We give too much power to others to control how we feel about ourselves, and how we feel in general..
I wish we didn't, but we do it anyways.

Does everyone really think so lowly of themselves that they need reassurance from others to have any self-confidence at all? Or even to let someone make them feel so horrible to the point where they can't stop repeating in their head what that person did/said?

We can't blame people for making us feel the way we do, because we make the choice to interpret how they act, and whether or not we are going to ignore it.. We choose to react the way we do, and we can't blame others for anything we have control over.

The only person who truly makes us feel bad about something is ourselves.
...It's hard to grasp this concept. Even with that said, we are still so vulnerable.. we can't help but allow other people to dictate how we feel.

I keep trying to convince myself that I'm past this immature state of mind, and that I could care less what people think.. but I'm just lying to myself.
For some reason I just can't get over it.

2 comments: